Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OCTOBER 1-NOT A DAY TO CELEBRATE

October first is not a day to celebrate, but to morn. My personal sock rule: No socks between April 1 through October 1, unless I am wearing a suit & tie or if we find an unusual October day with a temperature of over 75 degrees.

This photo you will notice Dave Hardy and myself with ties on and no socks. The photo was taken during the wedding reception after Morgan Hardy's wedding.

Dave mentioned several times that he was not sure if he would wear socks for his daughter' wedding considering it would be a sunny August day and of course a Saturday. I dressed appropriately with the best suit I have, favorite tie, socks and my Alden tassels.

Not being an emotional person at weddings, once I saw Dave walking down the isle with his daughter so beautiful, I started to tear up. Tears were due not to Dave's excellent taste in a tan suit and Cole Hann Pinch Buckle Kilt or how beautiful and happy Morgan looked, but because Dave was not wearing socks and I had to, because of my rule.

At the reception I decided it was time to break my self imposed rule, I removed my socks so Dave's mother would be upset with someone else besides Dave. I believe Nancy Hardy gave up years ago of being upset over Dave's actions.

Lesson learned: some personal rules can be broken for special occasions

No comments: