Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baracuta G-9


It is definitely a generational thing for men. Paul Newman and Frank Sinatra wore Baracutas and so did a slew of men in Newark, Ohio during the 60s and early 70's. Then they disappeared from the planet, Rob Pierce at Cornell's could not buy them anymore.
Last year I found a men's haberdashery in Buffalo, NY who carries the real Baracuta jacket.
They are not knock off.
O'Connel's Clothing of Buffalo has saved us. Steve Brown a long time friend and class act guy called the other day saying he had heard at the barber shop I knew where to find a Baracuta. Steve's one statement drove something home, "I just want one more, before I die".
Dale Voris after receiving his Jacket said he had not had the same pressure of the wrist bands or collar hitting his neck in the right place in many years. Robin Pierce bought one, Ray Sardy gave me a holiday kiss thanking me for his new Baraduta, it is really something special. I have been asked by so many guys for the web address for O'Connell's Clothing.
Once at Lowes a man walked up to me and asked if I was wearing a Baracuta, after my positive response, I was writing the web site on the back of my business card.
This evening at a Licking County Chamber of Commerce event Dave Hardy and I were talking to Craig Young. Dave brought up Baracutas, Craig's eyes lite up with his funny grin. I told him I knew the web site of O'Connell's Clothing then he started rubbing his hands together with a high school boy's excitement.
This post is for you Craig, get one size larger because the Brits make them a little tight and remember, as before the zipper works from the opposite side.
Don't worry about the price, this may be your last one.

No comments: