Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NURSING & CENTRAL OHIO TECHNICAL COLLEGE

To be young again.....

I was visiting a friend at Licking Memorial Hospital and as I walked down the hallway of the fifth floor, I overheard some giggling and the very low hum of singing from the sun room at the end of the hall. When I investigated the sun room I found six COTC nursing students. I asked if I could take a photo for my blog. Everyone was all smiles because today was the last day of their clinicals and at the end of three more quarters, they will become an important part of health care. When questioning about their experience and what they have done, they were talking a different language which tells me they have learned a lot and are getting close to being kicked out of the nest.

Shortly after the photo, a lady walked into my friend's room and asked if I was the one who had photographed the students. My first thought was that I was in big trouble, I responded positively. Melissa Lowe was their instructor and wanted me to retake another photo with her in the picture. This indicates to me she was proud of her students and also feels like an important part of their lives.

The two year nursing program along with many other COTC areas of study has played an important part in our community.



4 comments:

Robin Flaherty said...

I've worked with several nursing students through PEO and their dedication is reassuring. From $500 text books to uniform and clinical costs, they deal with it. Congratulations to the students in your photo. It is very nice they've been recognized.

Cheri said...

Nice post Patrick. Everyone likes to be recognized for their efforts.

Mark said...

Great post, Patrick! Our students train and work very hard to be the best.

Anonymous said...

I agree and we have great hopes that they will offer nursing classes here at the Pataskala Campus in the future. A quality program at a quality College!

Steve Butcher, Mayor
City of Pataskala